myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Kumar, Abhilash (Gok)" <abhilash-gok.ku...@hp.com>
Subject RE: inputDate with type="both" cannot be null
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 06:03:38 GMT
After debugging for a while, I feel that this is a bug. I have created
an issue for this in JIRA with a suggested fix.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-759

thanks and  regards,

-- Kannan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumar, Abhilash (Gok)
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 9:04 PM
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: inputDate with type="both" cannot be null

Hello:

I am using tomahawk-SNAPSHOT-1.1.5 with Myfaces 1.1.3.

  I have a t:inputDate with type="both". The problem is that it doesn't
accept a null value. Even if the value for required is false by default
(as per the tld doc), it always requires a value. I have tried
explicitly giving required="false", then also the behaviour is same. It
works fine for all other types (date,time,short_time and full).

The problem can be easily reproduced using the Date example in the
examples webapp (tomahawk-SNAPSHOT-1.1.5 and myfaces-1.1.5-SNAPSHOT) by
giving a null value for the last (i.e date and time) input and clicking
on Update button. I also went thru Tomahawk JIRA and didn't see any
issues related to this. Am I missing some thing or shall I file a issue
in JIRA ?

thanks and regards,

-- Kannan.