myfaces-users mailing list archives

From <hermod.opstv...@dnbnor.no>
Subject RE: MyFaces dialog framework
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 05:45:28 GMT
Hi

First of all its Shale not Shell - Go to http://people.apache.org/dist/shale/v1.0.3/ and download
some of the sample there

Hermod

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave [mailto:javaone9@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 7:31 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: MyFaces dialog framework

Is Shell working well with MyFaces?
I looked at the its web pages, but I could not find Shell demo or examples.

Thanks
Dave

Craig McClanahan <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:

On 10/17/06, Matthias Wessendorf < matzew@apache.org> wrote:

Like that ?

http://www.irian.at/trinidad-demo/faces/components/inputListOfValues.jspx

if so, go with Trinidad

incubator.apache.org/adffaces

Or, if you want to look at an alternative that doesn't tie you to any specific component library,
take a look at the dialog manager support in Shale:

  http://shale.apache.org/

Note that there are a bunch of recent enhancements that have recently been imported into the
Shale mainline trunk, and it's not completely documented yet, but the use case you describe
was a primary feature to implement.  In particular, Shale allows you to associate a child
dialog with a parent dialog, so that you can easily do the required synchronization between
states of the child dialog (doing the searching to find the right data) and the parent dialog
(using the result of the search).

-M

Craig

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Get on board. You're  <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40791/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta>
invited to try the new Yahoo! Mail.

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that the DnB NOR Group
cannot accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the anti virus programs used
in the DnB NOR Group.