myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Volker Weber" <weber.vol...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Tobago: BoxRenderer and "Don't know what to do!"s (newbie)
Date Sun, 15 Oct 2006 11:40:24 GMT
Hello Bernd,

the problem is the miss of size information for layout calculation.

if the tobago layoutmanager can't find the size, than no style
information is generated. This results in this (btw this is log level
ERROR) log output.

please add width and height attributes to the page tag:

 <tc:page label="Waypoint List" width="800" height="600">

or if you want a layout which reflects the actual size of your browserwindow

 <tc:page label="Waypoint List"
          width="#{pageState.clientWidth}"
          height="#{pageState.clientHeight}"
          state="#{pageState}">

with this managed bean entry in your faces-config.xml:

  <managed-bean>
    <managed-bean-name>pageState</managed-bean-name>
    <managed-bean-class>org.apache.myfaces.tobago.model.PageStateImpl</managed-bean-class>
    <managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
    <managed-property>
      <property-name>clientWidth</property-name>
      <value>800</value>
    </managed-property>
    <managed-property>
      <property-name>clientHeight</property-name>
      <value>600</value>
    </managed-property>
  </managed-bean>

Regards,