myfaces-users mailing list archives

From kevin_zhai <javaz...@gmail.com>
Subject How to dynamically show different components for each row in a table
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:00:50 GMT

I have a  Table that has a column containing buttons for operations on each
row. Each row may have different operations applicable to it, so the buttons
for each row need to be determined dynamically based on the contents of row.

I have seen code to dynamically create buttons, but what I would like to
know is how to do this on a per-row basis, so that row 1 would might have 1
button, row 2 would have 3 buttons and so on. I would like to avoid the
solution of creating all of the possible types of buttons and hiding the
ones that do not apply to the current row.