myfaces-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Martin Marinschek" <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange error when using JSF and Tomcat
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:55:42 GMT
Usually, you'd see the name of the managed-bean-class that could not
be instantiated. In your case, you see an empty string. That would
mean you've configured a managed-bean with an empty string as
class-name?

regards,

Martin

On 10/26/06, Manoj Agrawal <mharip@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Following is the configuration we are using -
>
> MyFaces version 1.1.3
> Tomcat 4.1
>
> The JSF application is a simple application. There is a bean called UserBean
> which is used for checking the authentication. The header.jsp page checks
> whether the user is authenticated based on this user bean.
>
> For some strange reason, every time we restart the server, the login page
> gives the following NoClassDefFoundError at every alternate restart. The
> first time we start, everything works fine, we stop the server and restart
> it and go to the login page, it gives the following error -
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>     at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
>     at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>     at
> java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
>     at java.lang.Class.newInstance0 (Class.java:308)
>     at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:261)
>     at
> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.ClassUtils.newInstance(ClassUtils.java:274)
>     at
> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.ClassUtils.newInstance
> (ClassUtils.java:265)
>     at
> org.apache.myfaces.config.ManagedBeanBuilder.buildManagedBean(ManagedBeanBuilder.java:50)
>     at
> org.apache.myfaces.el.VariableResolverImpl.resolveVariable(VariableResolverImpl.java:311)
>     at
> org.apache.myfaces.config.LastVariableResolverInChain.resolveVariable(LastVariableResolverInChain.java:42)
>     at
> org.apache.myfaces.el.ValueBindingImpl$ELVariableResolver.resolveVariable(ValueBindingImpl.java
> :574)
>     at
> org.apache.commons.el.NamedValue.evaluate(NamedValue.java:124)
>     at
> org.apache.commons.el.ComplexValue.evaluate(ComplexValue.java:140)
>     at
> org.apache.commons.el.UnaryOperatorExpression.evaluate(
> UnaryOperatorExpression.java:156)
>     at
> org.apache.myfaces.el.ValueBindingImpl.getValue(ValueBindingImpl.java:383)
>     at
> javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.isRendered(UIComponentBase.java:1076)
>     at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.isSuppressed
> (UIComponentTag.java:884)
>     at
> javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doEndTag(UIComponentTag.java:356)
>     at
> org.apache.jsp.header_jsp._jspx_meth_h_outputLink_0(header_jsp.java:207)
>     at org.apache.jsp.header_jsp._jspx_meth_h_form_0
> (header_jsp.java:123)
>     at
> org.apache.jsp.header_jsp._jspx_meth_f_subview_0(header_jsp.java:97)
>     at
> org.apache.jsp.header_jsp._jspService(header_jsp.java:73)
>     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service
> (HttpJspBase.java:92)
>     at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)
>     at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:162)
>     at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile
> (JspServlet.java:240)
>     at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:187)
>     at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke
> (ApplicationDispatcher.java:627)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:518)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java
> :448)
>     at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.include(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:765)
>     at
> org.apache.jsp.loginPage_jsp._jspx_meth_f_view_0(loginPage_jsp.java:135)
>     at org.apache.jsp.loginPage_jsp._jspService
> (loginPage_jsp.java:87)
>     at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:92)
>     at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)
>     at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service
> (JspServletWrapper.java:162)
>     at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:240)
>     at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:187)
>     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service
> (HttpServlet.java:809)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:627)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:382)
>      at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:306)
>     at
> org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.ServletExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:416)
>     at
> org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.renderView(JspViewHandlerImpl.java:234)
>     at
> org.ajax4jsf.framework.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:101)
>     at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render
> (LifecycleImpl.java:384)
>     at
> javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:138)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:627)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward
> (ApplicationDispatcher.java:382)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:306)
>     at
> com.mobitv.offportal.servlet.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java
> :85)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:164)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:144)
>     at
> com.mobitv.offportal.servlet.DeviceTypeFilter.doFilter(DeviceTypeFilter.java:51)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:164)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
> (ApplicationFilterChain.java:144)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:209)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java
> :595)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:432)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:954)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke
> (StandardContextValve.java:138)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:595)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java
> :432)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:954)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2459)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke
> (StandardHostValve.java:132)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:595)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java
> :118)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:593)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:116)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:593)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:432)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke
> (ContainerBase.java:954)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:126)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java
> :595)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:432)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:954)
>     at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service
> (CoyoteAdapter.java:152)
>     at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
>     at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java
> :664)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run
> (ThreadPool.java:684)
>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>
>
>
>
> I would really appreciate if you can shed some light on why this could be
> happening?
>


-- 

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Mime
View raw message