myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Randahl Fink Isaksen <rand...@rockit.dk>
Subject Re: Why does MyFaces escape national characters?
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:43:49 GMT
Nope - I am outputting a div from my own custom component like this:

        writer.startElement("div", this);
        writer.writeAttribute("id", theId, null);

where the variable "theId" contains this string "Vandmaerke" in which
'ae' is a single special Danish character.

Thus I can only suspect MyFaces to be responsible for the conversion. I
am using MyFaces with facelets, but I presume the ResponseWriter is part
of MyFaces and not Facelets and thus I posted the question here (correct
me if I am wrong).

Randahl