myfaces-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>
Subject Re: sun Progress bar component with my faces
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:51:50 GMT
Couldn't this layout fits your need?

1) first request do nothing but store in a bean that you have to pickup
some information and provide a 'progressbar' result page
2) in progress bar page, an IFrame make a call to a 'load datas' page.
This is the HTTP Thread that will process data loading
3) in same 'progress bar' a javascript call a 'get state' page every 5
seconds
4) when progress is 100% redirect user to 'see datas page'

No need to create your own thread this way, but you need 5 different pages.