myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Randahl Fink Isaksen <rand...@rockit.dk>
Subject Re: How to saveState / restoreState for properties that have value bindings
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:58:53 GMT
Actually I finally found an example on the web in which the restoreState
method actually takes responsibility of restoring the value bindings
internal state (see below) - can anyone confirm that this is the right
approach for properties with value bindings?

Randahl

public Object saveState(FacesContext context) {
  Object values[] = new Object[2];
  values[0] = super.saveState(context);
  values[1] = getValue();
  return values;
}

public void restoreState(FacesContext context, Object state) {
  Object values[] = (Object[]) state;
  super.restoreState(context, values[0]);
  Object savedValue = values[1];
  ValueBinding vb = getValueBinding("value");
  if (vb != null) {
  vb.setValue(context, savedValue);
}