myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Neuman, Ben J., A&M IRM" <bjneu...@hq.afis.osd.mil>
Subject RE: Conversation Component Servlet Filter Issue
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:47:47 GMT
Also, you'll need this one as well in your taglib.xml

<tag>
        <tag-name>endConversation</tag-name>
        <component>
            <component-type>org.apache.myfaces.EndConversation</component-type>

        </component>
    </tag>

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Innes [mailto:Tom.Innes@allTiers.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 3:04 PM
To: 'MyFaces Discussion'
Subject: Conversation Component Servlet Filter Issue

I am trying out the new sandbox component Conversation. I have taken one of the saveState
Examples and converted it to Facelets.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I am getting
the following exception.  Any help would be appreciated.

SEVERE: Error Rendering View[/pages/saveState.xhtml]

java.lang.IllegalStateException: ConversationServletFilter not called. Please configure the
filter org.apache.myfaces.custom.conversation.ConversationServletFilter in your web.xml to
cover your faces requests.

at org.apache.myfaces.custom.conversation.ConversationManager.getInstance(ConversationManager.java:124)

at org.apache.myfaces.custom.conversation.ConversationManager.getInstance (ConversationManager.java:111)

I have added the following to my web.xml

<!-- Filter for Conversation Scope Begin -->
 <filter>
   <filter-name>conversationFilter</filter-name>
   <filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.custom.conversation.ConversationServletFilter </filter-class>
 </filter>
 <filter>
   <filter-name>requestParameterProvider</filter-name>
   <filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.custom.requestParameterProvider.RequestParameterServletFilter
</filter-class>
 </filter>
 <!-- Filter for Conversation Scope End -->

<!-- Filter Mappings for Conversation Scope Begin -->
<filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>requestParameterProvider</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
<filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>requestParameterProvider</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>
<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>conversationFilter</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>
<filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>conversationFilter</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
<!-- Filter Mappings for Conversation Scope End -->

I have also created a Facelets Taglib for the Conversation Components I am starting out with
this has been configured in web.xml as well

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE facelet-taglib PUBLIC
  "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Facelet Taglib 1.0//EN"
  " http://java.sun.com/dtd/facelet-taglib_1_0.dtd  <http://java.sun.com/dtd/facelet-taglib_1_0.dtd>
">

<facelet-taglib>
    <namespace> http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox</namespace>

    <tag>
        <tag-name>conversation</tag-name>
        <component>
            <component-type>org.apache.myfaces.Conversation</component-type>
        </component>
    </tag>
    <tag>
        <tag-name>startConversation</tag-name>
        <component>
            <component-type>org.apache.myfaces.StartConversation</component-type>

        </component>
    </tag>
</facelet-taglib>

 I am using 1.15 Snapshot as of today Oct 19, 2006.

I am sure it is just a configuration issue.  Does anyone have any suggestions.

Tom