myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Neuman, Ben J., A&M IRM" <bjneu...@hq.afis.osd.mil>
Subject RE: MyFaces dialog framework
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:07:42 GMT

My experience with Jenia4Faces popup IFRAME is that it works great on Firefox but has serious
issues with IE. Or rather, IE has serious issues with IFRAMEs.

ben

----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Robinson [mailto:andrew.rw.robinson@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 10:37 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: MyFaces dialog framework

t:popup may work for you.

For a more robust solution, jenia4faces [1] works just fine and is a
very good dialog. I recommend their popupFrame but not their popupBox.
The popup box saves the contents to the web page inside of a
JavaScript string that causes all sorts of escaping problems as the
author doesn't seem to attempt to validate the contents. The popup
frame uses an IFRAME.

I use it with no issues with MyFaces 1.1.4 and server side state saving.

-Andrew