myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Dave <javao...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: MyFaces dialog framework
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 05:31:27 GMT
Is Shell working well with MyFaces?
  I looked at the its web pages, but I could not find Shell demo or examples.

  Thanks
  Dave

Craig McClanahan <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:

  On 10/17/06, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org> wrote:  Like that ?

http://www.irian.at/trinidad-demo/faces/components/inputListOfValues.jspx

if so, go with Trinidad

incubator.apache.org/adffaces
Or, if you want to look at an alternative that doesn't tie you to any specific component library,
take a look at the dialog manager support in Shale:

  http://shale.apache.org/

Note that there are a bunch of recent enhancements that have recently been imported into the
Shale mainline trunk, and it's not completely documented yet, but the use case you describe
was a primary feature to implement.  In particular, Shale allows you to associate a child
dialog with a parent dialog, so that you can easily do the required synchronization between
states of the child dialog (doing the searching to find the right data) and the parent dialog
(using the result of the search).

  -M
Craig

--