myfaces-users mailing list archives

From gvanma...@comcast.net (Gary VanMatre)
Subject Re: Corporate Open Source Strategy
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 19:39:28 GMT
>From: "Ryan Wynn" <bigwynnr@gmail.com>
>
> Trying to get approval for a myfaces-shale stack in a corporate
> environment and facing the question of what is the strategy for fixing
> a production showstopper in the open source code. Anyone have any
> recommendations on this topic? Or any links regarding the topic?
>
> Filing through JIRA does not seem to be an answer for these
> emergencies because there is really no guarantee there? Especially
> for previous versions.
>
> What is the protocol if say myfaces-1.1.1 src is modified? Is the
> requirement the same that the fix needs to be looped back in? Or is
> the policy different for older versions?
>
> Thanks for the consideration.

Hey Ryan, you might talk to OpenLogic.  They are making a business out of providing services
for open source.  They also offer packaging of open source products.  The packaging also makes
a point to define the open source license agreements.  I believe their packaging product also
allows you to create your own bundling.

http://www.openlogic.com/index.php

Gary