myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: managed-beans, spring references, and serializable
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:22:09 GMT
On 9/25/06, Ingo Düppe <mailing-lists@dueppe.com> wrote:

> Hi Gerald,
>
> as soon a have a running version, I will setup a wiki page :-)
>
> But I still have some trouble to get the facescontext.
>
> My FacesContext.getCurrentInstance() return null. Maybe something is
> wrong with my application.

This is the expected behavior under (at least) two different circumstances:

* The URL you specified is not one that is mapped to FacesServlet
  (typically that is mapped to "/faces/*" or "*.faces").

* You are trying to do this in a servlet Filter, which is invoked *before*
  FacesServlet, and therefore before the FacesContext for this request
  has been created.

Craig