myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: TOMAHAWK-322: InputSuggestAjax: False Encoding with German Umlauts
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:36:40 GMT
Alin Dosoniu schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for info. This is how I tried to set dojo:
> I called <s:dojoInitializer bindEncoding="ISO-8859-2"/> on the same page
> with inputSuggestAjax control.
> Its declaration is
> <s:inputSuggestAjax suggestedItemsMethod="#{buss.getItems}"
>                        value="#{buss.itemSelected}" maxSuggestedItems="5"
>                        style="width: 300px;" id="inputSuggest"
> charset="ISO-8859-2"/>
>
> The string that I get in "public List getItems(String prefix, Integer
> maxSize)"
> seems to be UTF-8 encoded. But I am not sure. :(. I mean I try to
> convert it with this
> prefix = new String(prefix.getBytes("UTF-8"), "ISO-8859-2"); but I do
> not get a good char representation in "ISO-8859-2".
>
> If you have any other ideas how to try, I can test them.
>
> Regards,
> Alin.

I dont think dojo is here the problem... I will look into it later
tonight from my side and will keep you informend, I am very interested
into this due
to the fact that I will start to migrate our core dojo codebase into
Tomahawk soon and want to nail down all possible bugs upfront.

So if it is in io bind and the initializer I can find it, if it is in
the component itself i will push the bug forward to the appropriate
people (gerald in this case probably).