myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: TOMAHAWK-322: InputSuggestAjax: False Encoding with German Umlauts
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 20:54:31 GMT
Alin Dosoniu schrieb:

> Hi,
> I found this page in wiki
> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/DojoInitializer?highlight=%28dojo%29
> But I don't know which is the name of the "central encoding" property in
> dojo in order to set it :(.
>
> I searched in dojo.js, there is no charset string. In
> dojo.js.uncompressed.js there is one charset string but it is commented.
>
> Can you tell me how to do this?

Sorry I was vague, with documentation i did not mean the wiki
i meant the component documentation in the trunk.

just to drop the info for a quick access (sorry the copy paste from
the xdoc trunk codebase)

			[rendered="true|false"]
			[allowQueryConfig="true|false"]
			[baseScriptUri="&lt;some uri&gt;"]
			[bindEncoding="utf8|iso8859-1|iso-8859-15|..."]
			[debug="true|false"]
			[debugAtAllCosts="true|false"]
			[debugConsole="true|false"]
			[debugContainerId="&lt;some id of an existing defined container &gt;"]
			[development="true|false"]
			[expanded="true|false"]
			[ignoreClassNames="true|false"]
			[ioSendTransport="xmlhttrequest"]
			[parseWidgets="true|false"]
			[preventBackButtonFix="true|false"]
			[provide="&lt;dojo class with package&gt;"]
			[require="&lt;dojo class with package&gt;"]
			[searchIds="&lt;some id of an existing defined container &gt;"]

This is the status of all supported dojo initializer attributes..
(never mind 1-2 maybe missing)

what you need is following:
bindEncoding is your parameter. I do not know if it works and
what the actual supported encodings are, but this parameter is the one
passed later onto the dojo subsystem for all ajax transports in the
page, which to my knowledge do not have an explicit enocoding set.

Have in mind, I have not tested the parameter but since it just
renders into a dojoConfig parameter I think dojo will pick it up without
hickkups.

I hope this helps, just a fair warning you are on untested ground here
if something fails, please drop the info in this thread I am interested
because I am only one refork away from moving dojo into core tomahawk
and i want this as bugfree as possible upfront.