myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Galligan" <mailingli...@kgalligan.com>
Subject Re: RedirectTracker usage
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 21:16:33 GMT
Interesting.  My only concern would be if my IDE started to complain about
the non-standard urls for the navigation cases, but that's minor.

I've started using the patch I put in, and the whole thing is quite useful.
I've really been wanting this redirect state type of thing for quite a
while.  Very cool.

I just posted another patch with another semi-hacky addition.  The '_rtid'
param worried me because its a simple numeric, so a user could just change
that value with undefined results.  I took the easy route and appended a
dash and the current timestamp.  Significantly more difficult to just type
in a different value.  Would be better with a random number, or even a hash
(although, in theory, a hash would have the astronomically small chance of a
duplicate, so I think either [request #]-[timestamp] or [request #]-[random]
would be best).

Please keep me posted as to additions or changes.

-Kevin