myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tree 2 -- lazy loading.
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:34:03 GMT
Shoot, I forgot the JSP needs TLD files, I never wrote one, as I was
thinking in "pure" JSF terms.

On 9/12/06, Jiang, Jane (NIH/NCI) [C] <jiangja@mail.nih.gov> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> You war file work fine in my environment.  But I could not figure out why I can not get
your tag library to work.  I got this error
> javax.servlet.ServletException: The absolute uri: http://jsf-comp.sourceforge.net/aa
cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
>         javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:152)
>
> when declaring the tag library as following
>
> <%@ taglib uri="http://jsf-comp.sourceforge.net/aa" prefix="jcaa" %>
>
> I have not used many tag libraries using the taglib.xml descriptor.  But Tomahawk tags
works fine.  AA tags works fine too.  Playing with your demo makes me really want to get it
to work.  Do you know how I should register your tag library?  I guess I can write a tld for
it.  But it seems silly.

> Thanks a lot,
>
> Jane

is much faster especially when a node is expanded.  Thanks a lot for your help.

> > I am trying to add AjaxAnywhere now.  I don't have much time left to play with it.
 Without a good understanding of Ajax, I started with downloading your jsfCompAA-0.1.jar file,
and downloaded the ajaxanywhere-1.1.0.6.jar.  I updated the web.xml file and put the aa.js
under the ui root directory.  Then I tried to update my tree.jsp file following the code snippets
on your blogs.  The application was deployed fine, but the tree did not show up.  I could
not find any error messages anywhere.

> > Did I miss something obvious?  Do you have a complete jsp file example somewhere?
 Do I have to update the backend?

> > Thanks a lot,
> >
> > Jane

method of my tree node to get around the problems I have.  I never used AJAX.  How complicated
is it to plug in AjaxAnywhere?

> > > Many thanks for your help,
> > >
> > > Jane

the wiki page.  I overwrote the getChildren() method to load in the children.  It works fine.
 I am very surprised that the tree slowed down.

to expand one node, the getChildren() method gets called for all visible nodes.  This behavior
defeated half of the purpose of lazy loading since the sibling nodes actually get loaded right
away.  So we are actually loading one layer at a time, not one node at a time.  To make the
matter worse, if a node has no child nodes after the first round, the super.getChildren().size()
== 0 is always true.  So we repeatly goes to the database and try to find more children for
those nodes.