myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Dennis Byrne" <den...@dbyrne.net>
Subject Re: the sinful JSF in JSP
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 18:28:07 GMT
Boris, don't let ideas like this influence your development. Despite a handful of well known
incompatibilities [1], there is nothing wrong with writing applications where HTML, JSF, JSP,
JSTL and servlets are mixed, just as there is nothing wrong with mixing JDBC and an ORM.

I really wish so many folks in the JSF community hadn't promoted this idea. It has been my
observation that most of these individuals fall into two categories.  There are experts who
oversold JSF.  The rest are quite new to the field, and are eager to latch on to any kind
of 'hard-and-fast' rule in response to so much complexity and confusion that comes w/ each
new framework.

Dennis Byrne

[1] http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2004/06/09/jsf.html