myfaces-users mailing list archives

From William Huang <WHu...@intralinks.com>
Subject Re: wizard-style JSF application: looking for words of wisdom
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:59:21 GMT
This is exactly what we do also..   Instead of Seam to managed conversation
beans, you can also use tomahawk savestate to managed conversation beans.

William Huang
Product Development Team

             "Andrew Robinson"
             <andrew.rw.robins
             on@gmail.com>                                              To
                                       "MyFaces Discussion"
             09/15/2006 11:51          <users@myfaces.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: wizard-style JSF application:
                 "MyFaces              looking for words of wisdom
                Discussion"
             <users@myfaces.ap
                 ache.org>

I have had several wizards in my application. I have never created an
actual framework though that made me happy. I tend to have one
controller backing bean with several "helper" backing beans. The state
of the wizard is saved with the view, so that the navigation rules
control the back/next/cancel/finish. Using Facelets, I have one
template for all the steps in the wizard. That way all the pages are
near identical and each page simply customizes the content and turns
on/off any buttons as well as setting their action/actionListener
properties. I always use JBoss Seam's conversation state to maintain
the state of the backing beans for the life of the wizard