myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Thomas_Pe...@putnam.com
Subject does anyone have sample code for a tooltip-like display?
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 16:36:04 GMT

I have a list that is populated from a dataTable.

data in several columns (outputText) is truncated by the backing bean
to help keep the overall list within an area.

I'd like to display the full data in a column when the user moves the mouse
over a column with truncated data.

I've been looking at onmouseover and t:popup but don't have a clue
on how these could be used to display the full data.

Can anyone offer a piece of code or a reference to some code that does
this?

Thanks for your help
Tom

This message is intended for the recipient only and is not meant to be forwarded or distributed
in any other format. This communication is for informational purposes only.  It is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument, or security,
or as an official confirmation of any transaction.  Putnam does not accept purchase or redemptions
of securities, instructions, or authorizations that are sent via e-mail.   All market prices,
data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject
to change without notice.  Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect
those of Putnam, LLC (DBA Putnam Investments) and its subsidiaries and affiliates.  If you
are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete the e-mail.