myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Jiang, Jane \(NIH/NCI\) [C]" <jian...@mail.nih.gov>
Subject RE: tree 2 -- lazy loading.
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:50:36 GMT
Hi Andrew,

You war file work fine in my environment.  But I could not figure out why I can not get your
tag library to work.  I got this error
javax.servlet.ServletException: The absolute uri: http://jsf-comp.sourceforge.net/aa cannot
be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:152)

when declaring the tag library as following

<%@ taglib uri="http://jsf-comp.sourceforge.net/aa" prefix="jcaa" %>

I have not used many tag libraries using the taglib.xml descriptor.  But Tomahawk tags works
fine.  AA tags works fine too.  Playing with your demo makes me really want to get it to work.
 Do you know how I should register your tag library?  I guess I can write a tld for it.  But
it seems silly.

Thanks a lot,

Jane

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Robinson [mailto:andrew.rw.robinson@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 6:04 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: tree 2 -- lazy loading.

The WAR that is provided from jsf-comp is my only example that I have
that is not commercial. It uses facelets.

I haven't tested it with JSP at all (only facelets) as I don't have a
JSP setup at the moment. You must make sure the HtmlAaTree component
is registered in a faces-config.xml as with the JSP tag class
(AaTreeTag). Check your logs to see if the tag and/or component was
not found.

On 9/11/06, Jiang, Jane (NIH/NCI) [C] <jiangja@mail.nih.gov> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I updated my getChildrenCount() method to avoid loading multiple times.  My tree is much
faster especially when a node is expanded.  Thanks a lot for your help.

> I am trying to add AjaxAnywhere now.  I don't have much time left to play with it.  Without
a good understanding of Ajax, I started with downloading your jsfCompAA-0.1.jar file, and
downloaded the ajaxanywhere-1.1.0.6.jar.  I updated the web.xml file and put the aa.js under
the ui root directory.  Then I tried to update my tree.jsp file following the code snippets
on your blogs.  The application was deployed fine, but the tree did not show up.  I could
not find any error messages anywhere.

> Did I miss something obvious?  Do you have a complete jsp file example somewhere?  Do
I have to update the backend?

> Thanks a lot,
>
> Jane

method of my tree node to get around the problems I have.  I never used AJAX.  How complicated
is it to plug in AjaxAnywhere?

> > Many thanks for your help,
> >
> > Jane

wiki page.  I overwrote the getChildren() method to load in the children.  It works fine.
 I am very surprised that the tree slowed down.

one node, the getChildren() method gets called for all visible nodes.  This behavior defeated
half of the purpose of lazy loading since the sibling nodes actually get loaded right away.
 So we are actually loading one layer at a time, not one node at a time.  To make the matter
worse, if a node has no child nodes after the first round, the super.getChildren().size()
== 0 is always true.  So we repeatly goes to the database and try to find more children for
those nodes.