myfaces-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alin Dosoniu" <adoso...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: TOMAHAWK-322: InputSuggestAjax: False Encoding with German Umlauts
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 08:53:15 GMT
Hi,

Thank you for info. This is how I tried to set dojo:
I called <s:dojoInitializer bindEncoding="ISO-8859-2"/> on the same page 
with inputSuggestAjax control.
Its declaration is
<s:inputSuggestAjax suggestedItemsMethod="#{buss.getItems}"
                        value="#{buss.itemSelected}" maxSuggestedItems="5"
                        style="width: 300px;" id="inputSuggest" 
charset="ISO-8859-2"/>

The string that I get in "public List getItems(String prefix, Integer 
maxSize)"
seems to be UTF-8 encoded. But I am not sure. :(. I mean I try to convert it 
with this
prefix = new String(prefix.getBytes("UTF-8"), "ISO-8859-2"); but I do not 
get a good char representation in "ISO-8859-2".

If you have any other ideas how to try, I can test them.

Regards,
Alin.


> Sorry I was vague, with documentation i did not mean the wiki
> i meant the component documentation in the trunk.
>
>
> just to drop the info for a quick access (sorry the copy paste from
> the xdoc trunk codebase)
>
> [rendered="true|false"]
> [allowQueryConfig="true|false"]
> [baseScriptUri="&lt;some uri&gt;"]
> [bindEncoding="utf8|iso8859-1|iso-8859-15|..."]
> [debug="true|false"]
> [debugAtAllCosts="true|false"]
> [debugConsole="true|false"]
> [debugContainerId="&lt;some id of an existing defined container &gt;"]
> [development="true|false"]
> [expanded="true|false"]
> [ignoreClassNames="true|false"]
> [ioSendTransport="xmlhttrequest"]
> [parseWidgets="true|false"]
> [preventBackButtonFix="true|false"]
> [provide="&lt;dojo class with package&gt;"]
> [require="&lt;dojo class with package&gt;"]
> [searchIds="&lt;some id of an existing defined container &gt;"]
>
>
> This is the status of all supported dojo initializer attributes..
> (never mind 1-2 maybe missing)
>
> what you need is following:
> bindEncoding is your parameter. I do not know if it works and
> what the actual supported encodings are, but this parameter is the one
> passed later onto the dojo subsystem for all ajax transports in the page, 
> which to my knowledge do not have an explicit enocoding set.
>
>
> Have in mind, I have not tested the parameter but since it just
> renders into a dojoConfig parameter I think dojo will pick it up without 
> hickkups.
>
> I hope this helps, just a fair warning you are on untested ground here
> if something fails, please drop the info in this thread I am interested
> because I am only one refork away from moving dojo into core tomahawk
> and i want this as bugfree as possible upfront.


Mime
View raw message