myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Volker Weber" <weber.vol...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Using Tobago dynamically from servlet ??
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:11:10 GMT
Hi Peter,

please still comunicate over the list.

You can create the component tree programatically in your java code.

In my example our application should create the UIPanel and content
dynamically in invokeApplicationPhase.

I currently don't know links to examples or howtos, and no time to search.

But you ma took a look at the tobago tx tag classes e.g.

org.apache.myfaces.tobago.taglib.extension.InExtensionTag source

the <tx:... tags are UIPanels with java generated content.

Regards
  Volekr

2006/9/22, Peter Rabing <peter.rabing@gmx.de>:
> Hi Volker,
>
> I am a little unsure of your answer. The body of the content Panel,
> is a method call executed at run-time. The result must be some HTML/JavaScript code inserted
into the page, correct ?
> But rather then generate HTML, I'd prefer to generate Tobago components, to be within
the same paradigm. But these would need to be compiled ... ?

> Or is there another way to generate the component tree ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter
>

> >Hi Peter,
> >
> >you don't need to generate a jsp, you just need to create the
> >component tree and map it
> >via binding into a skeleton jsp.
> >
> >e.g.:
> >
> ><tc:page>
> >  <f:facet name="layout">
> >    <tc:gridlayout columns="200px;1*"/>
> >  </f:facet>
> >
> >  <tc:panel id="navi">
> >    <%-- left side navagation --%>
> >  <tc:panel>
> >

> >  <tc:panel id="content" binging="#{controller.contentPanel}">
> >    <%-- content filled by application --%>
> >  <tc:panel>
> >
> ></tc:page>
> >

> >with this your application has full control over the contentPanels content.
> >
> >Regards
> >    Volker
> >

> >2006/9/22, Peter Rabing <peter.rabing@gmx.de>:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'd like to create a web page whose structure and layout is determined by my
back-end db. I.e. the layout and structure is highly dynamic in response to user input and
the state of the back-end. Imagine a workflow machine whose masks can be defined by an administrator
and whose steps are determined by a rule engine.

> >> I still would like to use the benefits of Tobago such as internationalization,
java script handling etc.

> >> I thought about generating a jsp and compile it on the fly, though my guess
is that this doesn't give me a very good performance ...