myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Volker Weber" <weber.vol...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Using Tobago dynamically from servlet ??
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 07:34:20 GMT
Hi Peter,

you don't need to generate a jsp, you just need to create the
component tree and map it
via binding into a skeleton jsp.

e.g.:

<tc:page>
  <f:facet name="layout">
    <tc:gridlayout columns="200px;1*"/>
  </f:facet>

  <tc:panel id="navi">
    <%-- left side navagation --%>
  <tc:panel>

  <tc:panel id="content" binging="#{controller.contentPanel}">
    <%-- content filled by application --%>
  <tc:panel>

</tc:page>

with this your application has full control over the contentPanels content.

Regards
    Volker

2006/9/22, Peter Rabing <peter.rabing@gmx.de>:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to create a web page whose structure and layout is determined by my back-end
db. I.e. the layout and structure is highly dynamic in response to user input and the state
of the back-end. Imagine a workflow machine whose masks can be defined by an administrator
and whose steps are determined by a rule engine.

> I still would like to use the benefits of Tobago such as internationalization, java script
handling etc.

> I thought about generating a jsp and compile it on the fly, though my guess is that this
doesn't give me a very good performance ...