myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Different "text-alignment"s for different header cells
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:35:39 GMT
I can see a reason why both would be valuable.  In your particular use
case, it sounds like column-specific headers are what you need rather
than alternating headers.

Once you put in support for it, it probably wouldn't be that difficult
to allow both, with the class specified on the column taking
precedence for the one in headerClasses, and that one taking
precedence over headerClass.

On 9/14/06, Behrang Saeedzadeh <behrangsa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, as we specify the column classes on the dataTable element
> via the columnClasses attribute, from a concistency point of view, I
> believe that it would be better to deprecate the headerClass attribute
> and add a new attribute to the dataTable tag called headerClasses that
> works just like the columnClasses attribute.
>
> This also makes it possible to have alternating stylesheet classes for
> headers (I'm not sure if this is even needed though.)
>
> So I think that it would be better to add the attribute to the dataTable tag.
>
> Regards,
> Behi
>
> On 9/15/06, Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do you think it'd make more sense to create a "headerClass" for
> > t:column instead of a "headerClasses" t:dataTable value?
> >

> > On 9/14/06, Behrang Saeedzadeh <behrangsa@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Mike,
> > >
> > > I'll both open an issue and prepare a patch in a week.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Behi

The