myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Leon <lmikhai...@netzero.net>
Subject Re: Sun's Progress Bar with JSF and AJAX Sample
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 01:19:58 GMT

Martin,

Thanks for trying to help.  Basically this sample runs just fine on Tomcat
with JSF-RI libraries, but when I substitute them with Myfaces it fails. Do
I need to do some extra configuration when I am using Myfaces libraries?

So far it appears to be some kind of incompatibility of MyFaces and JSF-RI.
Our ADF which relies on JSF and AJAX similarly misbehaves when used with
Myfaces.
If so it is a problem for us as the ADF we are developing is not going to
work on any of the servers which decide to preinstall Myfaces (like JBoss.)

Leon

Werner Punz wrote:

> Martin Marinschek schrieb:
>> There are several AJAX-components in the MyFaces tomahawk library
>> included, so this can't be a general problem. I rather suspect you've
>> found some incompatibily between what the Sun components do and
>> MyFaces, or there's something wrong in your setup.
>>
> I had a quick look at the progress bar javascripts again, since I
> already once had it in my hands for a personal project.
> This might be a configuration problem, the progress bar relies on a
> servlet in the backend which handles the ajax communication on the
> server side and handles the task handling for the registered tasks.
>
> This servlet has to be added to your configuration, if I recall it
> correctly.
>
> Please check if the configuration is right.
> There is not too much in the progress bar, which can interfere
> with myfaces unless they have moved to jsf 1.2 already,
> that would be an entirely different issue.

Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.