myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "John" <jo...@jak.com>
Subject RE: [Tobago] - why is the sheet's length hard-coded?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 04:28:34 GMT
Hi Volker,

I added the line below to the tobago-theme-config.properties file, which
already existed within my theme jar by the way.

Sheet.fixedHeight=400

It had no effect at all on the sheet's layout. It layed out collapsed.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Volker Weber [mailto:weber.volker@googlemail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 1:06 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: [Tobago] - why is the sheet's length hard-coded?

Hi John,

The sheets height is not hardcoded, the values of the html style
attribute is the result of the calculation of the layoutmanager.

You can't set the size of tobago elements in the css, because those
values are always overwritten by the style attribute.

There is currently no 'fixed' height defined for the sheet, so the
tobago default is used when fixed layout is requested. The defaults are
25px in scarborough and 20px in speyside.

To set a fixed height for the sheet in your custom theme you need a file

html/<theme-name>/standard/property/tobago-theme-config.properties

add the line

Sheet.fixedHeight=200

to set the 'fixed' height for the sheet to 200px.

The values in the tobago-theme-config.properties files are used for
layout calculation and must reflect the related values in the css files
if those exists.

Hope this helps. Regards

  Volker