myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Ingo Düppe <mailing-li...@dueppe.com>
Subject Re: managed-beans, spring references, and serializable
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:15:25 GMT
Craig McClanahan schrieb:

> You don't actually need to code a hard dependency on an implemenation
> of NavigationHandler.  Pretty much all of the JSF extension points
> support the use of a "decorator pattern" so you can delegate behavior
> to the standard implementation, without knowing its class name.  You'd
> do something like this:
>
>     public class MyNavigationHandler extends NavigationHandler {
>
>         private NavigationHandler original;
>
>         public MyNavigationHandler(NavigationHandler original) {
>             this.original = original;
>         }
>
>         public void handleNavigation(...) {
>
>             // Delegate to standard navigation handler
>             original.handleNavigation(...);
>
>             // Examine the new viewId to see if its ok
>             String newViewId = context.getViewRoot().getViewId();
>             if (isAcceptable(newVieId)) {
>                 return;
>             } else {
>                 ... do something else ...
>             }
>
>         }
>
>     }
>
> The key concept is that you provide a constructor that takes an
> instance of the API you are implementing.  As JSF processes
> configuration files, it will pass in the previously configured version
> to your constructor.
>
>     Regards
>     Ingo
>

> Craig
Oh no, I didn't saw it. I believed that after calling the original
navigation handler everything is done and I had no chance to do anything
additional.

Amazing thing, it took me about 1 hour to integrate shale into my
project and most of the time I needed to figure out how to compile shale
sources and how to configure my own pom dependencies :-)

By the way I found an issue in your CommonsValidatorTestCase class. It
depends that the local country settings of the operation system.
If it is not set to english you got localized error messages and then
the equals assertions fail.

Really cool thing ...

Ingo