myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Ingo Düppe <mailing-li...@dueppe.com>
Subject managed-beans, spring references, and serializable
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:51:41 GMT
Hi,

I have a conceptional question. Within my application I define a
managed-bean "registrationController" that gets a reference to a spring
bean "registrationService" by the jsf property injection. The spring
bean is stateless and is not serializable, so I need to define the field
reference in "registrationController" as transient. This prevents me for
getting NotSerializableException.

But what happens if the session is reloaded, will jsf reinject the
properties?
Is there any recommended way how to deal with this.

The obvious way to make the service bean serializable doesn't seem to
work, because a whole data access layer is bound to the service bean.

Or do I need to clearly separate. All managed-beans that have a
reference to the service layer need to be scoped as application (or
maybe as request) and only the value objects or entities are allowed to
be stored in the session scope.

Regards,
Ingo

Here is an example of my configuration:
    <managed-bean>
        <managed-bean-name>registrationController</managed-bean-name>

<managed-bean-class>org.openuss.security.registration.RegistrationController</managed-bean-class>
        <managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
        <managed-property>
            <property-name>service</property-name>
            <value>#{registrationService}</value>
        </managed-property>