myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Hedtfeld <stefan.hedtf...@xsoftahead.com>
Subject [Tobago] Problems after upgrading from 1.0.7 to 1.0.8
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:20:25 GMT
Hi,

I'm running on JBoss 4.0.4 on OpenSuse 10.0 AMD64 and JDK 1.5.0_06.
After upgrading from version 1.0.7 to 1.0.8 I get the following error:

01:10:55,048 ERROR [[/fuelmaster]] Servlet /fuelmaster threw load()
exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this
Application. This happens if the faces-initialization does not work at
all - make sure that you properly include all configuration settings
necessary for a basic faces application and that all the necessary libs
are included. Also check the logging output of your web application and
your container for any exceptions!
If you did that and find nothing, the mistake might be due to the fact
that you use some special web-containers which do not support
registering context-listeners via TLD files and a context listener is
not setup in your web.xml.
A typical config looks like this;
<listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
</listener>

        at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getFactory(FactoryFinder.java:90)
        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.init(FacesServlet.java:88)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1105)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:932)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3917)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4201)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.commons.modeler.BaseModelMBean.invoke(BaseModelMBean.java:503)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.RawDynamicInvoker.invoke(RawDynamicInvoker.java:164)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.init(StandardContext.java:5116)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.commons.modeler.BaseModelMBean.invoke(BaseModelMBean.java:503)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.RawDynamicInvoker.invoke(RawDynamicInvoker.java:164)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.TomcatDeployer.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployer.java:297)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.TomcatDeployer.performDeploy(TomcatDeployer.java:103)
        at
org.jboss.web.AbstractWebDeployer.start(AbstractWebDeployer.java:371)
        at org.jboss.web.WebModule.startModule(WebModule.java:83)
        at org.jboss.web.WebModule.startService(WebModule.java:61)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:289)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:978)
        at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:417)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
        at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
        at $Proxy39.start(Unknown Source)
        at
org.jboss.web.AbstractWebContainer.start(AbstractWebContainer.java:466)
        at
        at
        at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
        at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:133)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
        at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:142)
        at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.DynamicInterceptor.invoke(DynamicInterceptor.java:97)
        at
org.jboss.system.InterceptorServiceMBeanSupport.invokeNext(InterceptorServiceMBeanSupport.java:238)
        at
org.jboss.ws.server.WebServiceDeployer.start(WebServiceDeployer.java:117)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.SubDeployerInterceptorSupport$XMBeanInterceptor.start(SubDeployerInterceptorSupport.java:188)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.SubDeployerInterceptor.invoke(SubDeployerInterceptor.java:95)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
        at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
        at $Proxy40.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.start(MainDeployer.java:1007)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.start(MainDeployer.java:997)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:808)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:771)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor14.invoke(Unknown Source)
[...]
        at $Proxy6.deploy(Unknown Source)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymentScanner.java:421)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:634)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:263)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.loop(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:274)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.run(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:225)

Looking at your examples (addressbook and security) I added

  <listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.tobago.webapp.TobagoServletContextListener</listener-class>
  </listener>

to my web.xml and

  <factory>

<application-factory>net.xsoftahead.fuelmaster.web.ApplicationFactoryImpl</application-factory>
  </factory>

to my faces-config.xml (and I also copied & pasted the
ApplicationFactoryImpl and ApplicationImpl classes from your example,
removing the example-specific security part ;-)

But I still get the same error. Are there any known issues to JBoss 4?

Regards,

Stefan.