myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Bischoff <jbisch...@klkurz.com>
Subject Re: Problem with <jsp:include/>
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:26:35 GMT
Dominik said that he has about 50, yes.

In my application, we typically have 10-20 possibilities for each
value-bound include.

 > 1 subview with maybe a value binding for the id of the subview and a
 > binding for the page source might do the trick?
 >
 > Then you could dynamically assign the id for the subview based on the
 > content page being shown.

You know, I think I tried something like this initially. Ran into some
sort of problem where it wouldn't let me make the id attribute dynamic.
I believe MyFaces actually threw an exception stating such, when I tried
to view the page.

In any case, I do have a working solution. Hopefully dominik can get it
to work too. If not, your solution (even on a large scale like 50 pages)
is still much better than having to hard-code every single component id!
So in any case we will save him from having to do that...

Regards,

Jeff Bischoff
Kenneth L Kurz & Associates, Inc.