myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderax...@gmail.com>
Subject Source for anything in 1.1.4?
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:57:38 GMT
Wendy Smoak skrev  den 11-09-2006 18:09:

> The shared code gets re-packaged at compile time, so the package name
> won't match exactly.

Would it be a big effort to release the sources corresponding to the
binaries when creating a new version?

I have had to understand some rather mysterious exceptions regarding
properties, where I had to resort to JAD and some guessing to figure out
what was wrong.  The real source would have been quite a benefit.

I am not talking about being able to build the library, just to be able
to debug with source :)

Most Jakarta projects do this, and myfaces used to.  Any particular
reason why this stopped.

An additional benefit for Eclipse users, is that it can extract javadoc
from such source and display it when hovering over a method call. i.e.

--
  THorbjørn