myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Aleksei Valikov <vali...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Page Lifecycle
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:11:47 GMT
Hi.

> I need to initialize a session scope bean every time I reenter one
> particular page. How can I do that ? What can I get information about
> page lifecycle... I think that's the way to understand and solving my
> problem.

You should write and register a custom PhaseListener. It'll be notified of the
phase events. You'll get a faces context in event. From the context you can
check if the view id is your target view id, find your bean in a session (or
simply resolve a variable with the application variable resolver) and do what
you want with your bean.

I also needed to make some session-scoped beans be notified of the phase events.
I've simply written a SessionDispatchingPhaseListener which iterates the session
attributes and dispatches the phase events (for those attributes that implement
PhaseListener and listen to the given phase).

Bye.
/lexi