myfaces-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>
Subject Re: question on : How do I prevent reset of file path in <t:inputFileUpload> component
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 11:15:33 GMT
If you want to keep the filepath in the form presented to user, it's
impossible. This is because for security reason it's impossible in HTML
to initialize a fileupload field. (Imagine a hidden file upload field
which send user confidnetial datas to a malicious server...). However,
the fileupload UIComponent keep it's internal value after the form is
reshown. I think if you don't upload a new value, the component will use
the old one.