myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Gerald Müllan" <bierbra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MyFaces and Ajax
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:29:07 GMT
Hi,

have a look at our examples page, there are a couple of ajax enabled components.

(like PPR, InputSuggestAjax, TableSuggestAjax, Form components,
automatically updated table, Ajax-enabled combo box..)

http://example.irian.at/example-sandbox-20060920/home.jsf

I would suggest the ajax4Jsf framework when starting to playing around
with getting ajax to jsf in general. And this is the main point. It
differs from the usecase if you have to use components or a framework.

Updating some parts of the page through ajax is very easy with the
help of such a framework (in the meantime this is also possible with
sandbox ppr, but its only incubation status). Also some other basic
ajax stuff. But if you need some more special usecases, these
frameworks will not fit your needs.

In this case you have to take some of the myfaces components or write
them on your own.

Accomplishing such stuff without any help is not really suggested :)

Hope this helps,

cheers,

Gerald

--