myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Gerald Müllan" <bierbra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Start project?
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:02:50 GMT
Ok, so then have a look at Exadel. You can create a skeleton jsf-web
app at the beginning when starting with a new project.

And sure, it`s not a need to use all the tools coming with Exadel;

Just use the plain editors  :)

If you are a bit familiar with maven2 (to get the myfaces archetype
this is also not a need)
you can also have a look at:

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/MyFaces_Archetypes_for_Maven

Here is described how to build a myfaces skeleton with maven2, without
any burden of editors.

cheers,

Gerald

On 9/15/06, Mosimann Matthias <Matthias.Mosimann@manor.ch> wrote:
> Dear Gerald
>
> Let me rant a bit.
>
> Thank you for your answer. Well my personally prefered approach ist the buttom up approach
(study first the tecnical things up to klick-klick tools) and not the top down approach (klick-klick
tools to the tecnical things). It was mostly the better choose.

> But some of the tools generate you some usefull project skeletons ... and thats what
I'm looking for in a first phase as a JSF beginner. I'm not looking for a full gui support
eclipse plugin, where I spend half of time klick my application togehter (I do not say this
is the absolutly worst way).

> In my personally view of JSF, this is one great goal of JSF, to have some cool klick-klick
tools that supports the developers to create a web application with a gui.

> regards
> Matthias

with a good environment under a free license.

> However, it is not the most worse idea to learn JSF with the help of not too many tools.
>
> cheer,
>
> Gerald
>
> On 9/14/06, Mosimann Matthias <Matthias.Mosimann@manor.ch> wrote:
> > Hi everyone
> >
> > I hope I don't bother you.
> >
> > So what is then you prefered development envirement? Eclipse don't have any support
... well it has but it is not working correct and the plugin is still in development. I'm
interested using eclipse anyway. Should I start simply with a dynamic web project?

> > Regards
> > Matthias

two codebases, in most cases it now should be possible to mix both component sets without
too much problems.

> > But you have to go for the nightly builds to be fully able to do it, the last stable
versions still had major issues, which have been cleared up a few weeks ago.

> --
> http://www.irian.at
>
> Your JSF powerhouse -
> JSF Consulting, Development and