myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Gerald Müllan" <bierbra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SelectOneMenu
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:25:24 GMT
Sure; If i understand your problem the right way, you only need to
create the List of SelectItems this way:

selectItemList = new ArrayList<SelectItem>();

for (iterate over list of entities you want to transform to selectItems)
{
      SelectItem item = new SelectItem(string to display, id of entity);

      selectItemList .add(item);
}

The value of the selectOneMenu in the backend will then include the id
of the entity.

cheers,

Gerald

--