myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Aneesha Govil" <ago...@gmail.com>
Subject Newbie help
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:53:33 GMT
Hi All,

I am new to JSF and MyFaces. I cannot find specific instructions on how to
install and configure and use MyFaces. I have downloaded the
myfaces-core-1.1.4-bin.tar.gz file and extracted it. It does not have any
WEB-INF folder as mentioned at some places. The Installation and
configuration page on the wiki says it works with Tomcat 5.5 "out of the
box". Does that mean I don't need to install/configure/copy anything?

On the Getting Started page, an examples war file is mentioned. I cannot
find a download location for it.

Well we decided to use MyFaces instead of Sun's RI for a project because of
better documentation and help. I am not so sure right now. If I can't get
started, how will I be able to use it?

Can anyone help?

Thanks.