myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Dave <javao...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Errors on page
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2006 01:50:02 GMT
HI Martin,

  I searched  the HTML source and found there was a nested form generated for Tabbed panel.
 If there is no form enclosing the tabbedPanel, a form will be generated. If I put a form
inside the tabbedPanel, the page will have a nested form. The solution is one form enclosing
the tabbedPanel.

  Thanks for your suggestion that led to the fix.

  Dave

Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com> wrote:
  Do me a favour and check if you have forms embedded in a form. That's
disallowed in HTML, and might be the reason for this!

regards,

Martin

On 9/22/06, Martin Marinschek wrote:
> The javascript looks good to me. What's your html-header?
>
> regards,
>
> Martin
>
> On 9/22/06, Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> > Supposedly Myfaces Core 1.1.4 and Tomahawk 1.1.3 are compatible. But
> > maybe we missed something.
> >
> > I'm using Core 1.1.4 and Tomahawk 1.1.5-snapshot (Aug 18th) myself.
> >
> > Wait a little bit and see if someone more knowledgeable about
> > javascript comes online to help you. I'm pretty useless when it
> > comes to javascript errors.
> >
> > On 9/22/06, Dave wrote:
> > > I have already removed MyFaces libs coming with JBoss. But it did not solve
> > > the issue.
> > >
> > > In FireFox javascipt console:
> > >
> > > Error: Error in parsing value for property 'cursor'. Declaration dropped.
> > > Source File:
> > > http://localhost:8080/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.MyFacesResourceLoader/11589087/tabbedpane.HtmlTabbedPaneRenderer/defaultStyles.css
> > > Line: 40
> > > .myFaces_panelTabbedPane_disabledHeaderCell label{ cursor:
> > > normal; background-color: silver; }
> > >

> > > Error: f has no properties
> > > Source File: http://localhost:8080/foo.faces
> > > Line: 148
> > >
> > >   > > > action="/foo.faces"
> > > enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
> > > class="standard"> [input] > > > name="foo:bar:aform:_idJsp147"
type="text" value="" /> [input] > > > id="foo:bar:aform:search" name="foo:bar:aform:search"
type="submit"
> > > value="Search"
> > > onclick="clear_foo_3Abar_3Aaform();if(window.getScrolling!=undefined){document.forms['foo:bar:aform'].elements['autoScroll'].value=getScrolling();}"
> > > /> [input]
> > >  [input]
> > >  [input]  [input] > > > name="foo:bar:aform:_link_hidden_" />>
> > type="text/javascript">> > > document.forms['foo:bar:aform'];
> > > f.elements['foo:bar:aform:_link_hidden_'].value='';
> > > f.target=''; } clear_foo_3Abar_3Aaform(); //-->
> > >
> > > ------
> > > The 2nd error message says f has no properties. The form does not have
> > > "target" property, but I am not sure whether that is what it means.
> > >
> > > MyFaces and Tomahawk, which combination is tested to be compatible?
> > >
> > > Thanks for help.
> > >

> > > Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> > > I haven't tried that particular combination of MyFaces Core and
> > > Tomahawk, but it's possible that there's a javascript incompatibility
> > > between them. It may also be that you've simply got the extensions
> > > filter configuration wrong. The easiest thing to do would be to
> > > check to see what javascript errors firefox is showing.

> > > ________________________________
> > > Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates
> > > starting at 1¢/min.
> > >

> --
>
> http://www.irian.at
>
> Your JSF powerhouse -
> JSF Consulting, Development and
> Courses in English and German

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min
or less.