myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "K. Johnson" <i...@streetcookie.com>
Subject Re: Re-render JSF page components
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 19:32:41 GMT

We are using facelets. i have have tried it a couple different ways, but here is a snippet
with Jstl c:if and below it a snippet with rendered. When the page is first rendered the navbars
display or hide correctly. When I come back to  the page, even if the bean value is changed
the components don't update:

  <c:if test ="#{navigation.tabNavigationAllowed}">

            <ul>
            <c:set var="billingCenter" value="#{lbls.billingAction}" />
                <c:choose>
                    <c:when test="#{tabSelected == 'billingCenter'}">
                        <li class="firstselected">
                            <a tabindex="1" jsfc="h:commandLink" value="#{lbls.billingLabel}"
actionListener="#{navigation.generalAction}" action="#{navigation.getAction}" immediate="${immediate}"
id="#{lbls.billingAction}"  ></a>
                        </li>
                    </c:when>
                    <c:otherwise>
                        <li>
                            <a jsfc="h:commandLink" value="#{lbls.billingLabel}" actionListener="#{navigation.generalAction}"
action="#{navigation.getAction}" immediate="${immediate}" id="#{lbls.billingAction}" ></a>
                        </li>
                    </c:otherwise>
                </c:choose>

</c:if>

<h:outputText rendered="#{navigation.tabNavigationAllowed}">

   <li class="firstselected">
 <a tabindex="1" jsfc="h:commandLink" value="#{lbls.billingLabel}" actionListener="{navigation.generalAction}"
action="#{navigation.getAction}" immediate="${immediate}" id="#{lbls.billingAction}"></a>
        </li>
</h:outputText>

Thanks!

My page displays properly the first time based on the condition, but if i go through a JSF
lifecycle and return to the same page, even though the bean boolean value has changed, and
displays correctly as a string, the previously rendered or hidden components don't update?