myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Brad Smith <bgsm...@bendcable.com>
Subject Bookmarkable Application URLs
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 22:46:49 GMT
I am designing and building a web application with JSF (MyFaces of
course) that manages information about Projects for a large organization
with several hundred offices. One requirement is to generate a display
of the projects for a given office, and be able to create a link from
the local office web site to the project listing for that office.

With Struts I could create an http Get with the appropriate query
parameters, e.g. http://project.app/app_context/office_list?id=xyz.

I am somewhat new to JSF and have read that http GET is not allowed (?)
by the spec. In any case, I have read the email from Martin Marinschek
that proposes (Bookmarking, History and JSF) to add this functionality
to MyFaces.

So is this possible now?  If so, could someone please point me to the
necessary javadoc or wiki page or other useful information?

Thanks

Brad