myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "urswagner@bluemail.ch" <urswag...@bluemail.ch>
Subject AW: Re: f:selectItems value property
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:20:37 GMT

I don't have a converter. Ist is an array of the JSF type
SelectItem. I hope in this case a default converter is implemented.
Isn't it?

----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht----
Von: bierbrauen@gmail.com
Datum: 14.09.2006 16:02
An: "MyFaces Discussion"<users@myfaces.apache.org>,
<urswagner@bluemail.ch>
Betreff: Re: f:selectItems value property

Hi,

you can try it also with:

public List<SelectItem> getSelectItems()
{
}

but the problem comes from creating a SelectItem. How do you
assign
value and label?

It may also be a need to create a Converter for some type of
values
putting into the "value" property.

regards,

Gerald

On 9/14/06, urswagner@bluemail.ch <urswagner@bluemail.ch> wrote:
> iI f:selectItems the propery value must be set with a bean
property
> of return type SelectItem[]. Is this not correct?
>
> Thanks
>
> I do the following and get an exception
>
> class Sell {
> ..
> SelectItem[] getArticleConditionOptions()
>
> }
>
>       <h:selectOneMenu>
>   <f:selectItems value="#{sell.articleConditionOptions}" />
>         </h:selectOneMenu>
>
> generates a nexception
>
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value is no
String
> and component _idJsp6:_idJsp13with path: {Component-Path :
[Class:
> javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot,ViewId: /sell.jsp][Class:
javax.

--
http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -