myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Julian Ray" <julianj...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: wizard-style JSF application: looking for words of wisdom
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2006 17:58:20 GMT
We have several of these in our app and have a consistent approach using
just Tomahawk. Each page of the wizard has a different backing bean (request
scope) which inherits from a wizard class which manages forward/backward
navigation etc. and access to a wizard-specific bean to store state. The
state bean is managed using Tomahawk's saveState tag.

The model works well and is very efficient. We use it for creating new
objects as well as editing existing object -- you just have to be careful
about how to initialize the state bean on the first page and managing page
access such that the user could not type a URL to page n unless page n-1 has
been completed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerald Müllan [mailto:bierbrauen@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2006 8:16 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: wizard-style JSF application: looking for words of wisdom

Yes, you can also use sandbox` conversation component to achieve a wizard.

In the current application i am developing on, we use t:savestate in order
to get a page-wide scope for our beans. The beans are special page-wizard
beans which get a base wizard functionality from a wizard base class.

The typical back-forward-end functionality works very well with this
solution.

cheers,

Gerald

--