myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shale 1.0.x change to servlet 2.4 spec
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:47:49 GMT

> This came up before a couple weeks ago.
>
> One of the things I pointed out then is the JSR154Filter available as
> part of Jetty 5.  It simulates certain 2.4 features, including
> ServletRequestListener.
>
> I'm not sure if it's a generic servlet filter, or if it's specific to
> jetty, but that'd probably be a good place to start looking.   Won't
> do you any good if you're using portlets (no servlet filters), though.
>
> http://www.mortbay.org/javadoc/org/mortbay/jetty/servlet/JSR154Filter.html

If you want to explore this path,  you'll need to use the filter's
capabilities to emulate both ServletRequestListener and
ServletRequestAttributeListener.  The Shale code in question is all (I
think) in org.apache.shale.view.faces.LifecycleListener and the
corresponding LifecycleListener2 class in shale-tiger if you are using that.

Also, if you come up with a usable workaround, I'd be open to having it made
available in a sandbox project for people in your position to try out.

Craig