myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Selenium and Tomahawk Components
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:08:01 GMT
Murat Hazer schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to test my application using selenium IDE, but selenium is
> not able to record/test JSCookMenu links.
>
> is there any solution?
>
> regards...

not sure what selenium is, but the jscookmenu is somewhat problematic
because it triggers internally a bug in ie, which does not allow outside
tools to get the ids of the spans which should replace the links.
(I found that out the hard a few days ago when I was investigating
a bugreport on the state change notifier not being triggered by the
jscook menu)

I have a replacement which is not yet fully committable to myfaces
due to an inherent javascript problem which does not allow more than one
menu per page.
But if you need it upfront, send me a private mail, and I will contact
you regarding it.

The fix is a different menu which basically alters standard datalists
into menus via a combination of css and javascript, I wrote a renderer
for that code, and it will be committed once I am done with my backlog.
But as I said, if you need it upfront, send me a private mail.