myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject NavigationHandler registration
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 04:08:11 GMT
I have a requirement to register a custom NavigationHandler
implementation at the bottom of the delegation stack, rather than at the
top as happens when registering through WEB-INF/faces-config.xml.
Basically, I need to make sure that delegating navigation handlers, such
as Shale's DialogNavigationHandler, or the equivalent in Trinidad,
delegate to my nav handler, *not* the other way around. Basically, my
nav handler needs to replace MyFaces' default implementation, with the
normal registration of delegating nav handlers from faces-config.xml
files wrapping that.

I know JSF (at least prior to 1.2, anyway) doesn't provide a mechanism
to achieve this; does MyFaces? I know I can modify the
standard-faces-config.xml file bundled in myfaces-impl.jar to get what I
want (actually, that sets my nav handler up as the first delegating
handler above MyFaces', but that's 'good enough' for my purposes). What
i'd like, though, is a config option that would have the same effect.

Alternatively, is there any other mechanism I can use to achieve this,
MyFaces-specific or otherwise?

Thanks,

L.