myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "william kanej" <williamkanejsfu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using binding in data tables
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2006 06:17:05 GMT
Thanks Mike,
I have seen options 2 and 3 as you have suggested.From what I understand
they are more on the lines of Jsp include which would mean that the
components would recreated and added to the component tree in the render
response stage of the forwarded page.The reason why i was trying backing
beans to bind my data table was that i was hoping to add the already
generated  datatable component and its children to the component tree in the
render response stage of the target page without having to recreate them.
As you have rightly pointed out, the data table is getting added w/o the
child components getting rendered.
What is the reason for this? Does a component not maintain the list of its
children as a part of its state?
Please let mme know your thoughts on this.
Thanks
william