myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Frank Russo" <frank.ru...@FXALL.com>
Subject RE: Doubt about design of JSF applications
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:54:21 GMT
Or if you are starting a new project, you can look into using Facelets
instead of JSP...

Frank Russo
Senior Developer
FX Alliance, LLC

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Marinschek [mailto:martin.marinschek@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 7:39 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion; eduardoniceman@yahoo.com.br
Subject: Re: Doubt about design of JSF applications

Hi Dudu,

The problem you are telling us about sounds like you should have a look
at integrating Tiles with JSF - there is a special
JspTilesViewHandlerImpl class in MyFaces which will help you with this.
You can look at the Tiles-Example of MyFaces to find out how it works.

Basically, you'll need to add the JspTilesViewHandlerImpl to your
faces-config.xml, a special context parameter to your web.xml, and a
tiles-config.xml to your WEB-INF directory.

Then you'll need to extract a basic template from your JSF pages, and
you can extend your other pages from this template.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at