myfaces-users mailing list archives

From R√łnnevik, Eivind <eiv...@kadme.com>
Subject How to re-submit request scope params to itself??
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 09:46:20 GMT
Hi!

>From a jsp-page I have an outputLink which creates a popup like this:

<h:outputLink
    onclick="popupWindow('displayData.faces?docId=#{doc.docId}&sessionFactoryName=#{doc.sessionFactoryName}',
500, 720); return false;"
    value="displayData.faces?docId=#{doc.docId}&sessionFactoryName=#{doc.sessionFactoryName}"

    <h:outputText value="#{messages.docMetadata}" />
 </h:outputLink>

I set the params in my bean through faces-config:

<managed-property>
   <property-name>docId</property-name>
   <value>#{param['docId']}</value>
</managed-property>
<managed-property>
   <property-name>sessionFactoryName</property-name>
   <value>#{param['sessionFactoryName']}</value>
</managed-property>

This works, the setters of my bean are run whith the correct params and the popup is rendered
with the correct information. :)

But, then I have a commandLink within my popup-page which should execute an action on submit.
Since my bean is in the request scope, I try to re-submit the params to the popup-page itself
by doing somethin like this:

    <h:inputHidden id="doctId" value="#{param['documentId']}" />
    <h:inputHidden id="sessionFactoryName" value="#{param['sessionFactoryName']}" />

If I check the link that is to be submitted by hovering my commandLink, it seems correct:

http://blablabla/displayData.faces?docId=334&sessionFactoryName=java:/hibernate/DefaultSessionFactory#

But when I press the link, the setters of my bean are feeded with null-values..

Anybody knows how to do this or what might be the problem?

Regards,

Eivind