myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Michel Goldstein" <michel.goldst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using dataScroller on sorted data with "more meaningful" pagination
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:55:03 GMT
Thank you Mike,

But I guess I either didn't understand your suggestion or I didn't explain
my problem well. What I want to change are the numbers that appear between
the "next page" "previous page" buttons. Going through the code in the
HtmlDataScrollerRenderer, what I want to be able to tap into is the
"renderPaginator()" code when it renders the HtmlCommandLink.

I see two possibilities: one is to substitute the "Integer.toString(idx)"
for an indirection that allows you to override it; or allow you to override
the whole renderPaginator() code and add your own paginator in place of it.
I'll most likely select the latter and, for the purpose of getting the
project done, create my own subclass of the HtmlDataScrollerRenderer and
implement my custom page rendering mechanism.

Is this a reasonable thing to add to the component itself? I could see if in
the process I can generalize it a little and then submit it for review if
people think it's a valid use case...

Thank you again,
Michel